Cinotti LLP’s attorneys are capable of handling all legal and procedural aspects involved in the registration and protection of patents, trademarks, copyrights and other forms of intellectual property. Our advice extends to trade secrets, unfair competition and the emerging area known as “trade dress”.
Our attorneys have acquired experience in the drafting and negotiation of a wide array of licensing and other intellectual property related agreements including trademark, copyright and software/technology agreements. We also draft transfer of technology agreements, confidentiality agreements, non-compete agreements, and merchandising, franchising, promotion and distribution agreements.
Examples of our intellectual property services include:
- Filing for and registration of patents, trademarks and designs with the U.S. Patent and Trademark office and other international authorities (including through the PCT system);
- Registration of copyrights with the U.S. Copyright Office;
- Legal Advice on the acquisition or license of trademarks, patents and know how;
- Assistance with investigating, monitoring and protection of intellectual property rights of our clients;
- Advice on transfers of technology and the granting of licenses;
- Advice on industrial secrets;
- Protection of brand names in the fashion and luxury goods sectors; and
- Protection of corporate image.
The Firm also provides representation in disputes involving counterfeiting and patent infringement, copying of trademarks, trade in fake products, false or misleading advertising, unfair competition and breach of obligations under licensing agreements.